With over 11,000 employees and over 30 departments designed to service the citizens of Seattle, the city’s financial systems had become fragmented and inconsistent. They needed a new, streamlined system to support growth.
STREAMLINING SOLUTIONS FOR THE CITY OF SEATTLE
The City of Seattle required PeopleSoft 9.2 training for multiple modules in the Financials suite to begin a complex city-wide project. In order for the city’s project team members to make informed design decisions, they first needed to become proficient in new functionality available in their PeopleSoft modules.
- CHALLENGE PRESENTED
- Train and prepare over 11,000 employees for large-scale projects
- proposed SOLUTION
- Standardize and streamline business processes across departments
- Results achieved
- Efficient projects teams capable of handling city-wide projects
SpearMC’s knowledge and expertise in PeopleSoft financials, general accounting and government business practices was crucial to completing our project within our tight schedule.
HOW WE HELPED SEATTLE SUCCEED
- Trained through hands-on delivery, including in-class exercises and design ‘tips and tricks’
- Created a custom training plan focused on meeting key business and department objectives
- Designed accelerated onsite training sessions that were compact, relevant and interactive
- Standardized systems to streamline business process
- Coordinated logistics and work schedules spanning twenty-eight days of training and ten PeopleSoft modules
- Highlighted key areas of growth and efficiency provided by the software to encourage positivity and team building
THE BENEFITS OF PEOPLESOFT TRAINING
Through SpearMC’s training process, we were able to provide the City of Seattle project team an exceptional foundation of critical design considerations across the full PeopleSoft platform of financial modules. SpearMC delivered onsite training and provided content tailored directly to the needs of city employees. Upon completion of the training program, project team members were prepared to design and deliver the optimized financial system consistently city-wide.