On Track for Go-Live
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is a statewide, national, and global leader in public health. PHI is dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. PHI generates and promotes research, leadership and partnerships to build capacity for strong public health policy, programs, systems and practices. PHI’s Central Office located in Oakland, CA.
PHI’s management team decided to migrate to a new, more robust ERP system to implement best practices and streamline operations. PHI selected Oracle’s PeopleSoft enterprise support system and was in need of specialized support of their internal and external teams for the implementation of PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) as well as Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM).
- CHALLENGE PRESENTED
- PHI was in the throes of its PeopleSoft HCM and FSCM Implementation when specialist skill sets were required – and quickly. The initial implementation partner failed to provide qualified functional and technical experts needed to assist PHI with the various tasks associated with ERP design, testing, implementation, and roll-out.
- PROPOSED SOLUTION
- SpearMC swiftly lined up a team of subject matter experts with specialized skills and deep experience in PeopleSoft implementations.
- RESULTS ACHIEVED
- FSCM: Successful go-live in July 2016; followed by post production support
– Grants conversion, PC to GL Reconciliation/WorkCenter, Custom Invoice/Reporting (including
the Grants portal for security), Prepaid functionality, Commitment Control
- HCM: Staged rollout after HCM Project Assessment
– Fall 2016: Employer Self-Services, Personal Data, Manager
Self-Services Dashboard, Payroll and Benefits at the
end of 2016, Time and Labor in early 2017
SpearMC expertly guided business users through requirements design, fit/gap analyses, functional specifications, and process flow diagrams to support software design decisions.
HOW WE HELPED PHI SUCCEED
- Functional Consulting
- Technical Consulting
- HCM Project Assessment
APPLICATIONS & MODULES
- Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) Modules
- Human Capital Management (HCM) Modules
- PeopleTools 8.55
- PeopleSoft Interaction Hub
- PeopleSoft Update Manager
- Active Directory Integration for Single Sign-on