BECU, originally established to serve Boeing employees, is the 4th largest credit union in the United States. BECU asked SpearMC to move their PeopleSoft FSCM environment to the cloud.
- A SMOOTH TRANSITION
- “There have not been many things that appear different than when we were on-prem, performance or usage-wise. It was close to a nonevent. It feels like nothing changed except the URLs.”
- PROPOSED SOLUTION
- With SpearMC’s assistance, BECU completed a simultaneous 9.2 upgrade and lift-and-shift of their current FSCM environment to Microsoft Azure Cloud, increasing their return on PeopleSoft investment, eliminating over 50% of customizations, and reducing total cost of ownership.
- RESULTS ACHIEVED
- Migrated PeopleSoft environment from local servers to a modern, secure infrastructure with hyper-threaded virtual machines that are optimized for Oracle software
HOW WE HELPED BECU SUCCEED
- Increased IT resource efficiency
- Increased ability to scale IT resources up and down quickly
- Reduced costs of supporting internal hardware
- Eliminated wasted licenses
- Saved money, with no upfront commitment