Utilizing Cutting Edge Technology & Time Tested Ingenuity
Located in San Jose, California Water Service Group (Cal Water) is the third largest publicly traded water utility in the nation. With four state-regulated subsidiaries and two non-regulated subsidiaries, Cal Water services more than 509,000 customer connections; manages plant assets of more than $1.5 billion; and achieves gross revenue in excess of $400 million annually.
SpearMC is a demonstrated leader in providing Utilities clients, such as Cal Water, with ERP thought leadership and technical know-how. Due to extensive industry experience, SpearMC’s experts are proficient in complex Utilities processes, including Supply Chain for Services, Project Costing and Enterprise Asset Management.
- CHALLENGE PRESENTED
- Upgrade a highly customized PeopleSoft Financials to the most current software and tools version (9.2/8.55) while adhering to a strict budget and rigid go-live timeline
- PROPOSED SOLUTION
- Identify delivered functionality fits and retroactively integrate existing customization gaps while utilizing professional project management techniques to stay within budget and time constraints
- RESULTS ACHIEVED
- Leveraging a highly skilled functional team and world-class developers, SpearMC devised over 300 test cases and dozens of test scenarios to ensure delivered and retrofitted functionality was seamlessly implemented-under budget and within the predetermined time constraints of the project
This project came in under budget and on-time. I cannot recall the last time we had a project do that.
HOW WE HELPED CAL WATER SUCCEED
- Piloted program for mobile entry of Time and Expense transactions
- Facilitated numerous interfaces to and from auxiliary systems
- Performed a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant upgrade within an 8 month timeline
- Coordinated training across multiple subsidiaries with delivery of short, targeted instructional videos
- Enhance user experience via delivered functionality utilization and the implementation of Single Sign-on