Utilizing proprietary ERP Implementation and Upgrade methodology, SpearMC understood the complexity involved in meeting SCCA’s needs.
MODERNIZING PEOPLESOFT FOR SEATTLE CANCER CARE ALLIANCE
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) had outgrown the system they shared with their alliance partner. The time had come to take ownership and modernize this system, applying only SCCA requirements for business process and data capture.
SCCA needed a partner to help them take on ownership of their own system, processes, and data. They turned to SpearMC for guidance.
- CHALLENGE PRESENTED
- Overcoming years of ‘institutionalized’ thinking, and accepting and embracing a modernized approach to transactional data capture and reporting
- PROPOSED SOLUTION
- Multi-phase approach to harmonize transactional data elements, modernize the financial system, and deploy enhanced business processes throughout the organization
- RESULTS ACHIEVED
- Modernized system with significant user adoption rate, reduced customizations, and data capture to assist in long-term business evaluation
SpearMC’s ChartField Harmonization and Business Process Redesign efforts allowed us to focus on the elemental level of data capture, with reporting needs as our end-goal in mind
HOW WE HELPED SCCA SUCCEED
- Migrated to an ‘in-house’ PeopleSoft environment
- Reduced customizations by 80%
- Harmonized ChartFields to represent required, singular definition
- Modernized the FSCM applications to most current
- Deployed new features and functionality
- Developed long-term PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager approach for sustained maintenance
- Improved business processes which significantly increased user adoption rates
THE BENEFITS OF THE SPEARMC RE-IMPLEMENTATION APPROACH
Utilizing proprietary ERP Implementation and Upgrade methodology, SpearMC understood the complexity involved in meeting SCCA’s needs. Starting with the end in mind, SpearMC articulated the data elements that were critical for transactional capture. Mapping these elements to the ChartField structure quickly defined the future state design.
This methodology also allowed for a focus on business process redesign, with the goal of customization reduction. All project team members were trained on future system functionality as well as the utilization of SpearMC’s methodology.