TUHS was utilizing Profile Management functionality in PeopleSoft HCM application to store employee licenses and certifications. Data was primarily entered and maintained by HR administrators on classic pages – a cumbersome and inefficient process.
Temple University Health System (TUHS) upgraded their PeopleSoft HCH and Finance applications in 2021. Since then, they have implemented multiple features and enhancements leveraging the latest product capabilities. In partnership with SpearMC, TUHS has incrementally adopted various strategic enhancements that continue to add value to their HR and Finance business functions. For their efforts, TUHS was awarded a PeopleSoft Innovator award in 2022.
License and Certification Maintenance
Deployed Fluid Self-Service for Employees and Managers to simplify and enhance license and certification data maintenance in PeopleSoft.
This deployment involved the following features:
- New Person Profile configuration for Licenses and Certifications content to capture TUHS-specific fields and include Document Attachments
- Enhanced Workflow Approval process with a conditional routing to managers for items that are eligible for “Certification Bonus”
- Utilized “Related Event Framework” to include custom data validations on employee data entry screens
- Fluid Approval and PUSH notifications configured for Manager and Administrator approvals
- Tailored email notifications
TUHS was utilizing the Benefits Administration module with minimal self-service and multiple manual processes and workarounds that were causing inefficiencies and delays in timely benefits administration.
Conducted a strategic project to modernize benefits administration by a performing a thorough review of existing configurations.
This deployment featured the following enhancements:
- Enhancements to Benefits Administration framework and rules to simplify configuration
- Deployed Fluid UI-based benefits self-service pages for Benefits Summary and Dependent/Beneficiary information maintenance
- Tailored the activity guides for delivered Life Events and developed two custom life events as per TUH business requirements
- Deployed Fluid UI-based guided Open Enrollment process with benefit confirmation statements
- Designed and built custom functionality for Union Plan selection as part of Benefit Enrollment process
About Temple University Health System
Temple University Health System (TUHS) is a major Philadelphia-based academic health system that is driving medical advances through clinical innovation, pioneering research and world-class education. The health system’s 1,550 physicians and scientists share a common mission of bringing tomorrow’s treatments to the bedside today, helping them achieve outcomes once thought impossible.
TUHS – Main Campus is a top-tier academic medical center that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, along with highly specialized tertiary services. It is located on the Health Sciences Center campus in the Nicetown-Tioga section of North Philadelphia. Temple University Hospital is a nationally respected academic medical center that offers high-quality care, the latest technology and skilled staff – all on a safe, easy-to-reach campus.